Seitan "Ham" with Onion & Garlic Chutney Roasted Broccoli & Cauliflower
Balsamic Glazed Portobello Mushrooms Freshly Baked Bread
Happy New Year! 2009 sucked on so many levels for a lot of people so I am really hoping that 2010 will be better for everyone.
Now on to the food. The Mr. and I had a couple friends over for a Festivus dinner on the 26th. I really didn't manage to get enough photos and the seitan was taken the next day. It's hard to take photos when you've got guests waiting!
Here was the full menu:
- seitan "ham" with a pineapple chipotle glaze
- roasted cauliflower & broccoli
- mashed potatoes (not shown)
- mushroom gravy (not shown)
- green bean casserole (not shown)
- thyme scented onion and roasted garlic chutney
- balsamic glazed portobello mushrooms
- freshly baked bread
I thought everything turned out well and I hope our friends enjoyed the meal as much as I enjoyed cooking it! I think I'm done with holiday menus until Easter. Next dinner I think I'll do a cuisine that is generally not vegan friendly like Thai or Vietnamese or Korean.
In the meantime, Happy New Year!
P.S. If you're not already vegan, go vegan and stay vegan!