Thursday, November 1, 2007

Seitan Roast with Rice Pilaf and Brussel Sprouts



The seitan wasn't homemade, it was a Celebration Roast (1/2 size which is enough for 4 people with ample side dishes or 2 very hungry people) with packaged gravy. It was "okay". I mean, it was tasty but I make much better homemade seitan thanks to Bryanna Clark Grogan's awesome recipes! I also make a much better homemade gravy... but I was too lazy to make seitan from scratch or gravy from scratch.

The rice pilaf was made with mushrooms, onions, seasonings and vegetable broth. The brussel sprouts are my standard steam and then fry with olive oil, vegetable stock powder, Earth Balance, salt, pepper and garlic powder.

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I absolutely LOVE the Celebration Roast, and I'm addicted to brussels sprouts; so this meal looks beyond scrumptious to me!! yum!!

n/a said...

Well, even though it was just "okay," you took a great pic of it - especially with those sprouts and rice. :)

Bonnie said...

Wow, your photos are great!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin