Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Seitan "Cutlets"



Seitan cutlets and rice pilaf. Recipe for the seitan from Bryanna Clark Grogan's Vegan Feast newsletter. It was delicious! I also used her recipe for veggie broth powder (also in the newsletter) and I think I'm going to use that instead of bouillon cubes from now on.

The recipe uses quite a bit of firm tofu in the "wet" mix and I think it makes a HUGE difference in texture. It wasn't squeeky or rubbery or too stiff. The texture was perfect. It was a bit involved since you have to bake the seitan in the oven and then cool and then cook again (I grilled it) but it was well worth the effort.

(OT: I still need to work on the white balance settings on my camera... artificial lighting just looks crappy and I hate using flash)

1 comment:

xxx said...

Please sign the petition against Guillermo Habacuc Vargas, the 'artist' who starved a dog as an 'art exhibition', and/or spread the story to others. Here is the coverage so far: http://reiskeks-natividad.blogspot.com/ Thank You!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin