Monday, May 7, 2007

Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Casserole & No-Knead Bread



Unstuffed cabbage roll casserole topped with Tofutti Sour Supreme. I also decided to make the famous No-Knead Bread and slather it with Earth Balance.

I changed the bread recipe slightly (the recipe is in the comments section of the link). I used 1 1/2 cups water like suggested by others but I did not do the towel thing or use a covered pot. I also used whole wheat flour. I let it rise for the last 2 hours in a loaf pan covered with a towel. When baking for the first 15 minutes I put a foil tent on top and then removed for the remaining 15 minutes.

The crust was incredible and the taste was great but the crumb wasn't as dry as it should have been and it was a little dense because of the flour. Regardless, it's a great recipe and I'll make it again soon but this time with 1/2 bread flour and 1/2 whole wheat.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin